Saturday 20 April 2013

NO PLACE LIKE HOME

A bright Saturday morning.I woke up at 6.15 am.

"Crap",I said.I had a quiz at 9.00 am.The quiz venue was around 35 km away from my house.I knew that I was going to be late.

My partner was supposed to meet me at the bus-stand at 7.30 am.I  reached the bus-stand at 7.40 am.For the first time in his life,my partner had come on time whereas I hadn't.

He was waiting for me at the bus-stand with the tickets.We got on the bus.In the bus,he plugged in his earphones and started listening to music.I've hated buses since I was a kid.I don't exactly know why!

We reached the venue in time.Then all the teams that were present over there enjoyed four hours of pure quizzing.In the end,we emerged as the winners.

I felt very happy.We got good prizes.The quiz got over at 1.30 pm.
My partner's father had come to pick us up.

My happiness was short-lived.My partner's father had brought his car.So,I was to go home in a car.

I feel very uncomfortable in claustrophobic places like cars,buses etc.To add to that,my partner's father started playing old Marathi music.

The singer started talking about Saint Tulsidas,Saint Gyaneshwar etc.My head started reeling.I felt like spewing.I hate listening to Marathi music.It sucks.I just wanted to get out of this claustrophobic car ASAP.

We reached a bridge.Below us was a wide river.A barge was moving slowly across its waters.An aeroplane could be seen flying in the deep blue sky above.There was a railway bridge on the other side of the river.A train could be seen moving rapidly.There were many cars and buses on the road that we were travelling.Almost all the modes of transport could be seen from that place...

Finally,when we were about to reach home,my partner changed the music."Won't you c'mon and c'mon and raise your glass..." greeted my ears.

Finally,they dropped me home.I felt very happy.There's no place like home...



No comments:

Post a Comment