Tuesday 30 April 2013

REMINISCENCE

It was one of those days when I had indulged in an argument with my mother.Quite often,we had arguments and conflicts between us.Our opinions differed.Our views differed.Sometimes,I felt that we had nothing in common.

The argument finally ended with me walking out of the house.I needed some time alone.I needed solitude.I went on the terrace.

I stared at the star-studded night sky.It was beautiful.The moon shone down at me.I was bathed in moonlight.

I saw a star moving slowly in the sky.A shooting star!I was fascinated.It is said that if you look at a shooting star and wish something,then your wish comes true.I closed my eyes.

I was halfway through my wish when I heard a low rumble in the sky above.I opened my eyes only to realize that I was staring at no shooting star.It was just an airplane.I smiled at my naivety.

Suddenly,a memory from the past gripped me.I was just around four or five years old.I was sitting in my mother's lap in the balcony and staring at the night sky.My mother was singing a lullaby for me.Suddenly,I pointed to a point sized source of light flickering in the dark sky above.It was moving slowly.

I asked,"what's that,mother?"My mother replied,"it's an airplane,dear."

I wondered which pilot would be so dumb that he was flying an airplane in the night sky.He wouldn't even be able to see what was around him.But,I kept my thoughts to myself.

Now I was standing on the terrace,alone.My mother had strived so hard to shape my life.She had made great efforts for me,night and day.How could I fight with her?Maybe it was my mistake,after all.Even if it wasn't,what was wrong in apologizing?I ran down from the terrace to my house to say sorry to my mother...

No comments:

Post a Comment